Thursday, February 22, 2007

Logging in!

I suppose it is advancing age and ignorance of modern electronics that makes it so difficult for me to log in. I have already changed my password twice and still needed one hour to understand the 'Google' system. I finally identified 'New Post' and got here at last. However I am not completely convinced it is only my stupidity and wonder sometimes whether things cannot be more 'user friendly' at the start. It is possible to write simple English even in the modern world!
I began by registering a password which seemed acceptable! But next there was a request for 'Display Name'! I am still not sure what this was for, but I have written it down in case it is important. Then there was the 'blogtitle' presumably different from the 'display name'. Next there was the problem of 'user name', which might be my name but perhaps something else - the blogtitle? When I went back and entered my e-mail address, I got a reply this was not recognised - yet here I am using it every day!

One does have to be careful about being too cosmopolitan! I have used my 'barlovento' e-mail fo many years, but when I came back into an Anglo-Saxon environment, there were immediate chuckles that my e-mail was made up of "Bar" and "Love". Clearly I was the life and soul of the party! I was horrified, as actually "Barlovento" is a province in Venezuela and there is a song "Barlovento, Barlovento". Silly of me to be so sentimental about my past and not to understnad any more the Anglo-Saxon mentality. Why I am so puritan I just do not know, but travel has also made me quite tolerant most of the time!

No comments: